Calcs.app is a collection of calculators for structural engineers.
My goal for Calcs.app is to create a variety of useful tools which help you analyze, design, and check structures easily. Some of the guiding principles which I try to follow include:
- Focusing on common calculations and references to speed up the task of designing/checking structures.
- Leaving the complicated stuff to more capable tools (ie SAP, ETABS, etc.)
- Showing calculation steps so you can follow along and independantly verify assumptions and outputs.
- Presenting the tools in a printable format, ready for your design notes. In the user interface, each tool is shown on a card which resembles a piece of paper. When you print the page, I strip away all the clutter to give a clean calculation output.
Tools I use:
- React for the overall web app framework
- Tailwind css for the (admitably lacking) styling and layout
- Math.js for solving equations and generating tex strings
- Katex for pretty-printing tex strings
- Recharts for charts and plotting